Having a problem with your washing machine not draining? It could possibly be from the drain hose, the lid switch or the pump. Since the machine is filled with water, the motor must be working correctly. If it is spinning, or runs through a cycle, then it’s not the belt. Then the culprit may be the drain hose. Check the drain hose and make sure it’s not crimped or kinked. Lift up the lid to the washing machine and check out the tab that rests under the lid. That connects to a switch on the machine, and if it’s broken, the machine will turn off and not drain. You can fix that your self but you may want a professional to come repair it for you. If the it’s not the lid switch or the drain hose, it is likely the water pump, which will require you to hire a professional plumber.
Yard drains help prevent flooding in your yard or basement. It’s important to properly maintain your yard drains to keep them working correctly. You will need to check the storage bin that is below the sewer line to see if the debris is too high. Be careful not to drop the grate inside the drain or drop debris in the sewer line.
If you do not feel comfortable maintaining your yard drain yourself, your best bet would be to hire a plumber to take care of it for you.
If your hot water heater is makes noise when it kicks in, its probably due to a build up of sediment at the bottom of the tank. You can prevent this problem by flushing your tank properly. It’s recommend to flush your tank every 6-12 months.
Sediment comes from loose minerals from the water, that have settled to the bottom of the tank. That causes the water heater to work inefficiently and can cause damage if the tank overheats. The noise comes from steam bubbles that escape the sediments.
You can flush the water heater yourself to get rid of the sediments or call a professional plumber to do it for you.
You can easily fix a leaky pipe yourself with either epoxy putty or a pipe repair clamp. Here’s how:
Using Epoxy putty
Turn off the main water supply and then dry the pipe with a towel. Mix the two part epoxy putty together and apply it around the pipe. Let the epoxy set and harden. Test the leak by turning the water back on.
Using a pipe repair clamp
Turn off the main water supply. Loosen the screws on the repair clamp, and place the clamp around the pipe. Tighten the screws so the runner gasket on the clamp is on the leak. Turn the water back on to test the leak.
It is suggested you clean your dishwasher once a month as it can easily get gunked up with food, grease and soap scum. Here is how you can clean it yourself.
- Remove the bottom rack and inspect the drain. Remove any gunk or food that is caught in there. This will help the water drain, increase the cleaning efficiency and prevent damage in the future.
- Make sure your dishwasher is empty. Take a cup of white vinegar, put it in a dishwasher safe container and place on the upper rack. Run the machine on hot water cycle to wash away grease and gook, and eliminate odors.
- Next, take a cup of baking soda and sprinkle it across the bottom or the dishwasher. Run another hot water cycle. This will cause your dishwasher to smell fresher and remove stains from the interior.
Need to make some improvements to your home and thinking about doing it yourself? Before you try to save money by being your own contractor, keep in mind the following:
- It can be dangerous. If you are not familiar with the work and have no experience or guidance, you may be better off hiring a professional to play it safe. Many home improvement jobs require technical knowledge – it may be safer to hire a contractor.
- If safety is not a concern, consider the cost if you end up making a mistake. Paying a professional might be a good investment, to prevent having to redo things, buy extra material, etc.
- It could hurt your homes resale value. If a job is not done professionally, and it’s obvious, you may have a harder time selling your home as the future owners would have to have things redone.
Consider those factors, estimate the cost of materials, the time it will take you to do the project and make your decision from there.
Almost all weight loss programs have one thing in common – water. Not only can drinking water curb your hunger, it can also boost your metabolism. Avoid drinking beverages such as soda and juice as they contain a lot of sugar. If you’d like some flavor, add some fruit, vegetables or herbs to your water to infuse it with natural flavors.
Drinking plenty of water throughout the day and also before meals to help make you feel fuller, causing you to eat less. If you tend to forget to drink, set an alarm to remind yourself, or there are apps specifically for this reason, that will remind you.
Not only can water help with weight loss, it can help improve your health as well. Your body is made up of 60% water and all systems in your body depend on water. It flushes out bacteria and toxins, carries nutrients to your cells provides moisture to tissues.
The amount of water to drink varies depending on height and weight, but it is suggested you drink between 1/2 -1 ounce of water for each pound you weigh, every day
Choosing a wedding theme can become overwhelming – but it doesn’t have to be. Start by doing a little brain storming. Here are questions to ask yourself to help get you started:
- What are your hobbies?
- What do you and your fiancé enjoy doing together?
- How did you meet?
- What kind of art do you two enjoy?
- What are your favorite colors?
- What is your fashion style?
- What is your decorating style?
- What is your favorite music or movie?
- What are some special memories you two have together?
- Where are some places that you two have traveled together?
Sit down with your spouse and answer these questions together to see what comes out of it. Take your answers and then work from them to discover what you both would like. Pinterest is a great resource these days, you can go on there with some of your ideas and move forward from there, and it will all come together! Good luck!
One way to tell if black mold is in your home is to follow your nose. If you smell a musty smell, that smells almost like dirt and rotting leaves, you may have black mold in you home. The smell is very strong.
Another way to determine if you have black mold is by it’s appearance. Black mold can appear slimy and has a dark greenish-black coloring.
Mold needs food and water, and grows in a dark stagnant environment. It can feed on materials such as cotton, drywall, lumber, cardboard or even lint. If you have had excessive moisture in your home or around building materials, there’s a chance mold will grow.
Black mold can be deadly. If you think you have black mold in your home, it’s best to hire a professional to remove it asap to keep you and your family safe.